Looking to make a positive change in your life? Look no further than your own imagination! Some of the greatest changes with the most positive impact happen when we decide to step out of our comfort zone and decide–and dare!–to do something different!
10 Ideas to Get Out of Your Comfort Zone
- Unplug. It’s a challenge, but turn off those devices! Leave your phone behind, put away the tablet, hide the TV remote. Force yourself to get creative and find other ways to engage.
- Read a book from a genre you haven’t tried before. Never thought about sci-fi? Give it a shot!
- Write a letter and tell someone all about how much you admire them. Dole out those compliments!
- Change up your daily routine. Do things out of order. Try something new.
- Try a new food twice a week for a month.
- Make a new friend. Sound difficult? It can start with something as simple as a smile and a hello.
- Do something that scares you. NOT something risky that might hurt you or someone else, but think about what you can do to overcome your fears and start taking small steps to control that fear instead of letting it control you.
- Try a new hobby for a week.
- Ask three people in your life to tell you all the things they love about you.
Most importantly, whatever change you’re making, have fun with it. Life is meant to be an adventure!